Combining the irresistible combo of almonds, butter and brown sugar will have your colleagues licking their fingers for more.
Don't be afraid to take it one step further - experiment with ingredients like coconut flour or walnuts instead of almonds for some extra flavor.
With such a simple yet perfected ratio in every batch you bake up – guaranteed success is right around the corner even if you’re new-ish at baking cookies!
Ingredients (for 30-40 cookies)
- 150 g / 5 oz brown sugar
- 200 g / 7 oz butter (room temperature)
- 1 medium egg
- 300 g / 10 oz wheat flour type 405 (finely ground)
- 100 g / 3,5 oz grounded almonds (almond flour)
- 10 g / 0,4 oz vanilla extract or 2 packets vanilla sugar (or any other vanilla flavoring you have)
- 3 g / 0,1 oz baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and a bit of salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs with sugar and vanilla extract (with a whisk or a mixer).
- Add brown sugar and continue mixing.
- Add softened butter in small pieces to the flour and mix in with a wooden stick or your hand.
- Add mixture of eggs and knead the dough with your hands, but not too long.
- Wrap in kitchen foil and set aside for 15-20 minutes, to allow the ingredients to blend (it already smells wonderful!).
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Cut off a third of the dough and roll it out to a layer about half a centimeter thick.
- Cut out small cookies with a mold or a small cup.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the process until all the dough is used.